Chess is one of the oldest and most fascinating board games that has ever existed.
This science game is played on a board where two players play against each other.
All with the purpose of dethroning the king of the opposing player by means of the different and strategic movements that can be made through the other pieces.
And if you ever heard someone say that this hobby couldn’t be much fun or profitable, let us tell you that such a person is lying through his teeth!
There are hundreds of scientific studies that show that playing chess on a regular basis helps raise your IQ, as well as develop your problem-solving skills, especially if you are under pressure.
It can also improve your skills with numbers, language, and helps stimulate memory and concentration.
So at JuegosMesa.org, we’ve decided to make the most of this opportunity to bring you one of the most played games in the world, whose battle between two colors is endless.
All with the purpose that you become the master of masters of chess.
- Magnético fuerte: el tablero de ajedrez magnético grande de 15 ”está hecho de madera de primera calidad, con fuerte magnetismo incrustado. Este diseño magnético único de este juego de ajedrez, lo hace diferente a otros con magnetismo débil. Incluso si pone el tablero boca abajo, las piezas de ajedrez seguirán pegadas en el lugar donde deberían estar. No más piezas perdidas jugando en un día ventoso, al aire libre o viajando. Hace que tu juego de ajedrez sea más atractivo y emocionante.
- Plegable: mesa de ajedrez con un patrón claro en la superficie, dobla la tabla de madera cuando lo desee, conveniente para uso en interiores al aire libre y manténgala en su lugar. El juego de ajedrez es definitivamente una excelente alternativa de entretenimiento a los dispositivos electrónicos con los que la mayoría de los niños están enamorados en estos días, con una artesanía exquisita, es absolutamente imprescindible para un pasatiempo intelectual tanto para niños como para adultos.
- Extra Kings Queens y ranuras de almacenamiento: cada pieza de ajedrez Staunton está hecha a mano con madera holandesa cuidadosamente seleccionada, por artesanos con gran precisión. Las piezas de ajedrez se almacenarán en cada ranura individual, sin ruidos, sin piezas perdidas, sin más desorden después de su juego de ajedrez. Se enviarán reyes y reinas adicionales junto con en caso de que falten por un uso inadecuado
- Antiarañazos: el procesamiento suave de cada pieza de ajedrez podría reducir el ruido en movimiento de manera efectiva, asegúrese de no rayar el tablero de ajedrez. Proporciona un entorno tranquilo para su pensamiento lógico de seguir moviéndose. Gran colección adicional para cualquier entusiasta del ajedrez, recuerdos recreativos para pasar de generación en generación. Empieza a jugar al ajedrez como un profesional
Chess, a classic of the classics
- It is a traditional board game recommended for both children and adults.
- It is designed for 2 players only, although there are some formats that allow up to four players!
- Each player has 16 pieces that can be moved with certain movements.
- The game is played on a square board, which is divided into 64 equal squares, located in 8 rows and 8 columns.
- The squares are alternated in two colors, one in a light color, and the other in a dark color.
Now, in order to get into action, you first need to know the design of the board and the movements of each piece.
What does a chess board look like?
Believe it or not, knowing every piece of this traditional game can give you huge advantages over your opponent.
In addition, you also need to understand and know which parts of the board you need to learn to identify:
- Columns: These are the 8 lines of the 8 squares that are located vertically on the board. They are identified by letters from (a) to (h), starting from the left side in the territory of the white pieces.
- Lines: These are the 8 lines of the 8 columns that are located horizontally on the board. Here we do not name them with letters but with numbers from 1 to 8, starting from the first row on the side of the light-colored pieces.
- Center: These are the four squares that are located in the middle of the board.
- Borders: These are the columns (a and h) and the rows (1 and 8) located at the ends of the board.
- Diagonals: These are the 26 lines that are formed by joining the squares diagonally.
You must know that, in the chessboard, it is only possible to make three types of moves: along with the columns, lines, and diagonals.
Now it is time to introduce you to the chess pieces and their respective moves.
Chess pieces and moves
As we told you before, each player has 16 pieces that are divided into 6 different types:
- 2 Rooks
- 8 Pawns
- 2 Knights
- 2 Bishops
- 1 Queen
- 1 King
These are certainly the weakest pieces in the whole game. They usually move to the front of a square.
Although the player who starts the game can advance two steps at a time.
However, in order to capture any of the opponent’s pieces, you must do so diagonally.
One of the strengths of this piece is that it can be placed on any square of the board. And although it has no limit of squares, it must be moved vertically or horizontally.
Although this one does not have a limit of squares either, it differs from the Rook because its movement must be diagonal.
Also, you need to know that the bishop cannot step on a square of the opposite color when starting the game.
This piece has a very peculiar way of moving. Its movement allows it to jump over the other pieces since it moves in the shape of an L.
The queen is the freest piece on the board, as it can move in any vertical, diagonal, or horizontal line.
In other words, it combines the movements of the Rook and the Bishop.
It is, without a doubt, the most powerful piece in the whole game, so be careful not to lose it early.
Even though this is the king of the game, which you must protect as much as possible; its movements are limited to the nearby squares.
For he can only advance one step at a time in any direction. Vertical, diagonal, or horizontal.
- Magnético - Juego de ajedrez de madera
- Juego extra de Queens
- Calidad: juego de ajedrez de madera con incrustaciones de nogal con piezas hechas a mano estilo staunton.
- ALMACENAMIENTO - Interior de fieltro con correas para guardar piezas
- Tamaño: tablero de ajedrez plegable de 15 x 15 cm con pieza King de 3 cm.
So, how do you play chess?
If you’re the player with the white pieces, you’re in luck because you’ll be the one who starts with the first move.
Then you and your opponent will only have one turn to move each of your pieces.
The idea is to capture your opponent’s pieces with your pieces, keeping in mind, of course, the movement of each one. For this reason, you need to be very analytical and meticulous.
In addition, we recommend that you pay close attention to your moves and those of your opponent, as you do not want to be the one who is cornered.
Now, if during the different moves the king is threatened with capture, you should say “check“.
This is because you still have hope of escaping, either by capturing the piece that made the “check”, by moving the king as far away from the threat area, or by placing your pieces in front of the line of attack.
But beware! The king cannot move where it will be “checked” or where it will remain in “check”.
Finally, if the king definitely cannot escape and is captured, there is nothing left to do. Because at that moment it is already “checkmate” and the player who has managed to kill his opponent’s king will be the victorious one.
And although there is no magic formula to win in chess, here at JuegosMesa.org we reveal some tricks to be invincible in the battle of chess from now on.
Tricks and tips to win at chess
- Don’t rush to kill your opponent’s king. Before you can achieve your goal, you need to place your pieces on the best-attacking squares. For example, knights are best placed in the center of the board and bishops move very well on long diagonals.
- The most fundamental part of the board is the center. And if during your first few moves you manage to take control of the center, believe us that it will be easy for you to take control of the match.
- To check your opponent’s king with a single piece is not a great idea. Remember that your opponent’s king has a chance to escape if he is threatened. That’s why it’s very important to check your opponent’s king and defend that piece against capture with your other pieces.
- Don’t neglect the safety of your king. Many times we forget to protect our territory because we are thinking of invading the enemy. However, you have to keep your mind on the game, because remember that, just like you, there is also a player wanting to capture your most important piece. So an excellent way to protect your king is to place it behind the pawns.
Finally, whether you win or lose, always remember to give your opponent a handshake in the form of a thank you.
Because the idea is to learn, develop your strategical skills and above all, have fun!
So, if you want to enjoy a good game of chess, giving a good and entertaining move to your brain, you can find this traditional board game in thousands of different formats!
¡Siento que este contenido no te haya sido útil!
¡Déjame mejorar este contenido!
Dime, ¿cómo puedo mejorar este contenido?
Última actualización el 2022-01-18 / Enlaces de afiliados / Imágenes de la API para Afiliados