Board games have been a source of distraction, entertainment, and even a challenge to our intelligence on many occasions.
Because approximately 5,000 years ago, in various cultures, these games already existed. From painted sticks and stones to carved bones and even a turtle’s shell, they served as instruments of entertainment.
Nowadays, there are board games manufactured by companies, so with a couple of clicks we can have them at our fingertips.
And perhaps, one of the most demanded types of board games are the classic games, in which even the smallest of the house can play without any problem and without the need to read the rules.
For this reason, we have dedicated this article to all those who identify more with the classics, creating a list of 19 of the best traditional games that have caused countless laughs, anger, and challenges for several decades.
Enjoy 2020 with the 19 Most Typical Board Games
What year was America discovered? who was the top scorer in the 2014 World Cup? what is the capital of Albania?
Would you like to challenge your general knowledge and that of your friends?
Let’s play trivia!
The first thing you have to do is place each checker in the center of the board and roll the dice. The player who rolls the highest number will be the first to start the fun. Inside the board, there is a circle with several different colored squares. Each color corresponds to a theme. That is, if you fall into a blue box, your question will be related to geography, if you fall into a pink box, you will be asked about entertainment, etc.
If you answer correctly, you will be able to advance faster. And if you fall into a special box and don’t miss, you will get a scoring token of the color, then you can insert it inside your chip.
Once you have filled in all your pieces with the “scoring tokens”, you must be ready for the final question and if your answer is correct, boom! You will become the brains of the group and take the victory.
- Trivial Pursuit, edición clásica por Hasbro Gaming
- Mejora la imaginación y la creatividad
- Edad recomendada, a partir de los 16 años
- Para una diversión adecuada
- Entrena tus cualidades
This is a game of life and death, as your mission will be to conquer the world.
So if you consider yourself a competitive person or if you perhaps dream of one day becoming president of some nation, you can start by mastering this game.
The first thing you have to do is find at least 5 of your friends to ‘start the battle’. Each of you will have to choose an army of the color you like best. These armies are divided into artillery, infantry, and cavalry.
During the game, you will have to attack (using the dice) to conquer the territory of your opponents, but you will also have to defend yourself because you won’t be the only one trying to have absolute control.
So be careful because at any moment you could be betrayed; this is why you must be very clever and look for the best alliances
Let the battle begin and let the best one win!
- Domina el mundo en este juego de conquista estratégica
- Presenta figuras actualizadas —incluye 300 figuras
- Las cartas de Misión mejoras aumentan la velocidad del juego; incluye 12 Misiones Secretas
- El fantástico diseño del tablero atrae a los jugadores al juego de dominación mundial
- Incluye 5 baúles de guerra para guardar las piezas fácilmente
Who has never heard of taboo?
In this classic game, your goal will be for your team to guess the word on the card.
But beware, as you will not be able to say that word or a series of words accompanying this card.
Imagine having to define the sun without being able to say light, star, or bright. Hard, isn’t it? You will find out about your language skills playing Tabú!
- Da pistas sin usar las palabras prohibidas
- Más de 100 palabras no usadas en versiones anteriores
- Contenido actual para los jugadores de hoy en día
- Los jugadores harán sonar la bocina para interrumpir a quienes usen palabras prohibidas
- Corre contra el reloj para usar tantas cartas como puedas
Game Of Life
This is possibly one of the most classic games in the United States.
That’s why we believe that in any list that is worthwhile we should find this game, so we have decided to incorporate it into this list.
This game will make you advance through your different life stages, from going to school to deciding to rent or buy a house.
It’s perfect for playing with friends or family, and we think it could perfectly live up to classics like Monopoly
- El juego Game of Life está lleno de sorpresas
- Elige el camino para una vida de acción, aventura y sorpresas inesperadas
- Puedes adoptar mascotas en esta edición
- Empieza a tomar tus propias decisiones mientras recorres las diferentes etapas de la vida
- Juega con la familia y amigos
The Twister is another classic game that has made all the homes in the world spend hours of fun with your body.
In Twister you have to spin a roulette wheel that tells you where on the board you have to place your precious limbs.
The goal is as simple as being the one who can stand the longest without falling, is the winner.
With Twister, laughter and fun are assured
- Twister te desafía a colocar los pies y las manos en sitios diferentes en el tapete sin caerte; sé el último jugador que queda en pie para ganar
- Dos movimientos nuevos
- Quien gira decide el que gira la ruleta se inventa un movimiento para que los jugadores lo hagan
- Incluye ideas divertidas en la parte trasera de la ruleta para quien gira decide
- Si la ruleta cae en aire, el jugador debe dejar una mano o un pie en el aire
The premise of this game is very simple, you have to roll the beautiful dice that the game has designed, and from what comes out, create a story with them that has logic.
The truth is that it is a very entertaining and simple game, ideal for taking on a trip and playing on the beach, as you can really play a game with the six dice it has.
Very recommended to play with family and children, as it will help them develop their creativity.
Also, it has a price that makes it possibly the cheapest game on this list.
There are many different dices, and therefore, different versions of the game, such as fantasy, actions, or heroes. Another advantage is that as it is a drawing, it is a multi-language game.
Warning: This game was designed by great minds and for great minds. About 2,500 years ago, when people rode horses and lived in mud houses with thatched roofs, an Emperor of China known as ‘Patriarch Yao’ invented a board game called ‘Go’ that would challenge even the most cultivated minds of the day.
It had such an impact that even the great thinker Confucius Strong told his followers about this game as a strategic board.
The first thing you need to understand is that the Go board is 19×19 squares. It is designed for only 2 opponents who can choose between black or white pieces.
The goal is to invade the board with all your pieces, surrounding your opponent’s stones until they are captured or what is known in the classic version of the game as making an ‘Atari-Go’.
Do you accept the challenge?
- LIGERO Y PORTÁTIL: El juego de tablero de juego go es liviano y fácil de transportar, por lo que puedes llevarlo contigo en la carretera. Tan portátil que puedes guardarlo en una mochila y sacarlo para jugar en cualquier coche, tren o avión, lo que hace que tu viaje sea mucho más agradable
- IMÁN FUERTE: Las piezas Weiqi no se caerán porque los imanes mantienen las piedras en su lugar en el tablero. Los imanes son lo suficientemente fuertes para mantener las piedras en el tablero sin comprometer la capacidad de moverlas con facilidad
- MEJOR TRABAJO: Construcción sólida, superficie lisa, la tabla se despliega para ser completamente plana con cuencos individuales que encajan perfectamente dentro de la tabla después de que haya terminado de jugar
- DISEÑO EXQUISITO: Las exquisitas piezas del juego están hechas de PVC calificado, incluyen un imán permanente, resistente al desgaste, duradero y no fácil de deformar
- MULTIUSO: El tablero de ajedrez portátil es perfecto para el desarrollo intelectual, el entretenimiento en el hogar y el entretenimiento, adecuado para niños, niñas, niños, adultos, personas mayores, etc
How would you like to become the most feared captain on the ocean and have more style than Jack Sparrow? Then in this game your goal will be to identify the positions of the enemy’s fleets and sink them until they reach the depths of the sea.
First, you must find a friend who is just as cunning and competitive as you are so that you can make the game more exciting. Then you need to count on the 2 boards that have 2 squares with axes of numbers and letters. You can place your fleet either vertically or horizontally, but once you place them in play you can’t move them anymore.
The idea is to shoot at your opponent’s 5 ships. But don’t worry, these aren’t literal shots, this game is more strategic than violent.
Every time it’s your turn to attack, you will have to indicate the square that is defined by a letter and a number. That is, the upper left box is A-1. If you hit the shot, your opponent will have to place a piece on his fleet or say water in case you missed. And you must mark the successful and failed attacks on your board.
When you have identified the exact position of your enemy’s fleets, then you will have sunk his crew and then, guess what?
You will have become the captain of the game!
- Naval juego de combate está diseñado para 2 o más jugadores
- Hold Enfrentamientos batallas navales
- Rojo Clavijas Marcos huelgas y blancos de las clavijas Marcar Misses y localice enemys naves, destruye todos los 5 por la victoria
- acorazado Salvo característica le permite iniciar varias huelgas
Mystery, suspense, clues, suspicions, and murder. All this and much more is what you will find in Cluedo.
To play it you’ll need your pen and notebook because you’ll become a detective. Keep in mind that you won’t be the only one trying to solve the case, because in this game you could find up to 5 more inspectors.
The first thing to do is to place the characters and weapons in the center of the board, take 3 cards that give a possible track of the place, the object, and the murderer of Dr. Black. Then you must keep the 3 cards that have the truth of the murder in an envelope.
Once you start the game you will have to roll the dice to start to move the character on the board that represents the mansion where the murder happened. Keep in mind that you can only move to each room horizontally or vertically. And here is where you will use your research skills; because if you manage to enter any room you will make a deduction and if any of your companions have any card that matches your hypothesis, they will have to show you the card.
Finally, once you have made all the necessary deductions, someone will be able to launch the final accusation to solve the case. But watch out! Because if after having looked at the envelope the accusation turns out to be false, must be abandoned; and the inspector who succeeds in his hypothesis will become the new Sherlock Holmes.
- Cluedo - Hasbro Gaming (Hasbro 38712546)
- Muévete de una habitación a otra y descubre quién lo hizo, dónde y con qué arma
- Investiga, disimula, acusa y gana
- Nueva versión para dos jugadores que añade un nuevo toque de intriga
- La carrera para encontrar al culpable ha comenzado
Who doesn’t like the idea of having a lot of money and owning hotels and houses?
This game shows that we have all somehow identified with that little man with the mustache and cane who loves business.
And that’s because buying and selling real estate with Monopoly has been filling family recreation evenings since 1935.
So much has been its impact that there are many versions of the game, sold in 114 countries and in 47 languages. So if you want to show the entrepreneur in you, you must use all your skills as a strategist and businessman to take over all possible properties and become the master of the world.
- Introduce las cartas de Evento para un emocionante juego
- El valor de las propiedades sube y baja
- La tecnología táctil hace que el juego sea más rápido y divertido
- Las tarjetas bancarias registran la riqueza de los jugadores
Do you think you can be the most agile to get a piece out of the tower without destroying it?
In this game you must not only use your mental abilities, but also your physical ones; this is why Jenga is known as a classic “party game”.
So to start this party you can meet as many friends as you want and try to remove little by little the blocks that make up the tower by taking them to the top.
But watch out! as you try to make it taller it also loses stability
And there’s the thrill of the game!
Because whoever drops the building will surely be the laughingstock of the group. Although there is nothing to worry about, because the idea is to generate emotion, suspense and laughter, lots of laughter.
- Atrévete con este juego de habilidad
- Retira los bloques de madera de la torre
- Cuidado, que no se derrumbe o habrás perdido
- Incluye piezas de madera que consiste en levantar una torre lo más alta posible
How would you draw the word “Vehemence”? It’s not that simple, is it? Well, for this game you will need to use all your creative and artistic skills to give your team more chances to guess.
That’s right! It’s much more fun and exciting to play Pictionary with several friends and in groups.
While it may seem easy to create a picture to words like “heat,” they won’t always be ordinary terms. And even though most of the time you will have to draw the person who doesn’t know how to illustrate that, it will always be one of the classic board games that fill the afternoon with laughter, joy, and excitement.
- El juego de mesa en el que los jugadores tienen que adivinar palabras y frases a través de dibujos
- Gracias a las tarjetas para mayores y pequeños, es más fácil jugar en familia
- Incluye una pizarra borrable, rotuladores, dos fichas, un dado, un mini reloj y 720 pistas, para llevarse Pictionary a cualquier sitio y jugar en familia y con los amigos
- Adecuado para 2-4 jugadores, no menores de 8 años
To play Uno we will need cards, but not the typical American cards nor a Spanish deck, we will have to use the UNO deck.
It’s a game where you can change the color, the number, or the turn in a matter of seconds.
So you need to be very attentive to the game of your 2, 4, or even 9 opponents; because they could make you lose your turn or even make you take a lot of cards.
And if you want to win, you have to be very strategic in your game to relate your game to the cards that are chosen at each turn, so that you can get rid of all the cards in your hand and just before you have a single card you’ll need to sing UNO!
- Juego de mesa de 2 a 10 jugadores, para desafiarse individualmente o por equipos
- La versión clásica del juego de cartas uno
- El objetivo es ser el primero en quedarse sin cartas y gana el primer equipo o jugador en llegar a 500 puntos
- Cuando te quede una sola carta, no te olvides de gritar uno
- Edad recomendada: juego de cartas para adultos, adolescentes y para niños a partir de 7 años
With Simon in your hands, it will be impossible for your body not to move. This is definitely a classic ’80s party game. So to the rhythm of the music and the lights (yellow, red, green, or blue) you will have to test your ability to remember sounds, sequences, and colors when you have to repeat the rhythm that Simon says.
So don’t hesitate to have a good party with your friends and improve your mental agility to the rhythm of our friend Simon!
- El clásico juego de Simon
- Sigue las luces y los sonidos
- El suspense crece cuando las secuencias se hacen más largas
- Juega solo o con un amigo
- ¡Repite y sigue los movimientos para ganar!
Roll the letter dice and it’s time for everybody to start thinking about words like crazy!
This is an ideal game for team play. Here you will have to test your agility and your lexicon by writing a word that starts with the letter that the die indicates and also relates to the category of the group card.
But watch out! The hourglass will make the game more exciting, so you must write as many words as possible.
And the more different they are from the other team, the more likely you are to make your team the masters of words.
- Scattergories de Hasbro
- Aumenta la imaginación y la creatividad
- Edad recomendada: a partir de 13 años
For this game, you must be very careful and watch out because the board could change when you least expect it.
Catan is a classic board game that has become a world wonder, being recreated even as a PC game.
Here you must build roads, towns, and cities with the purpose of colonizing the richest island in natural resources.
So you must put your negotiating skills to the best use, be very cunning and strategic if you want to be the strongest colonizer of your friends.
- Premio Spiel des Jahres 1995
- Un juego que implica atención e estrategia
- Duración aproximada de la partida 75 min
- Recomendado para 3 o 4 jugadores
- Edad recomendada +10 años
Party & Co
If you’ve played Pictionary, Trivial, or Tabu this game will be a piece of cake for you because you could say it’s a remix of all of them.
Ideally, you should play in pairs, choose the color, roll the dice, and let the fun begin!
Each grid has a color that identifies the test or category.
There your partner must take a card that will tell him whether to draw, mime, lip-read or play the forbidden words. And while he or she gives their best effort by being creative, you should be very agile and guess in the shortest time possible.
But be careful to say the forbidden word while trying to decipher! Because you might lose points. So both teams will have to be very clever and use their imaginations to the fullest at the time of playing Party. Because of the more successes they have, they can get a record and if they get to 5, they must be ready for the last test to get a juicy victory.
- Primera versión Party&Co, el juego multipruebas más divertido para disfrutar con amigos; para ganar tendrás que superar una pregunta de cada una de las 5 categorías existentes y una prueba final
- Las cinco pruebas del juego son: las marcas, mímica y sonidos, la pregunta, a dibujar y palabras prohibidas
- Número de jugadores: máximo 4 equipos de 2 a 5 personas por cada uno
- Contenido: 400 tarjetas de preguntas, 1 dispensador de tarjetas, 1 tablero, 4 peones gramófonos y 20 discos, 1 bloc, 1 lápiz, 1 dado, 1 reloj de arena y instrucciones de juego
- Habilidades que desarrolla: capacidad de comunicación y visualización y juego en equipo
It is very rare to find only 2 people playing Bingo, when in fact it has filled a large number of people with fun at family, business or popular gatherings.
What’s fun about this dynamic is that it’s simple. You will simply have to be very attentive to the chips that the guide sings; to cover all the squares of your cardboard that coincide with the numbers and letters of each row and column.
Without a doubt, this is a classic of classics, and who doesn’t have a good time full of laughter and suspense trying to fill up the board to shout “Bingo!
- El juego de siempre en gran formato
- Bolas imborrables
- Bombo automático
- Kit para jugar al bingo
- Compuesto por bombo, 90 números y 48 cartones
Are you crafty with numbers? Well, here’s your chance to show your friends how easy it is to win in this game.
A very classic game, easy to play and designed for any age.
First, you need to know that each tile is divided into 2 spaces where a number from 0 to 6 can appear. Then, you and your 3 friends, (because there can be a maximum of 4), must each take 7 tiles. But watch out! None of you can see each other’s chips, otherwise, it wouldn’t be as much fun.
The one with the pair of the highest number starts. That is the double 6. Next, another player must throw a chip that has some 6. Then the next player must place a chip that matches the last number that the previous player has placed and so on.
If it’s your turn and you don’t have a chip that matches the last number placed; you must take pieces until you get the number you need to place on the table.
In case your chips run out, you must close the game and add up the numbers of each piece. Finally, the one who runs out of chips or the one who has the lowest number after adding up will be the winner.
- Juego de dominó marfil
- Caja de plástico con tapa transparente
- Fichas de 2,1 x 4,2 x 0,7cm
So, if you want to immerse yourself in the world of words, numbers, business, battles, mystery and give a touch of grace and excitement to your meetings with your friends, you only have to make a very small investment.
All these classic board games and many more can be found on Amazon at an amazing price!
Here’s a list of The Best-Selling Board Games
I’m sure you will want to read these articles:
¡Siento que este contenido no te haya sido útil!
¡Déjame mejorar este contenido!
Dime, ¿cómo puedo mejorar este contenido?
Última actualización el 2020-12-04 / Enlaces de afiliados / Imágenes de la API para Afiliados