How many times have you been looking for a game based on what you like?
Many of us like the Eurogames, but sometimes it’s okay to prefer something lighter, with more hammer playing, such as an Ameritrash style game.
That’s why we bring you this list of the Best Board Games of the Ameritrash genre, so you can enjoy them in the best possible company.
What are the Ameritrash Board Games?
This term is just a way of categorizing certain games that have a similar dynamic.
The name of this category comes from the mixture of the words America and Trash.
The first word is quite obvious and comes from the place of creation of this type of games, which generally, or formerly, used to come from this continent. But perhaps the second word will puzzle you a little.
Are AmeriTRASH style board games trash?
Not at all, these games are not «bad» games, but they are called «American Trash» for the following reasons:
- Most of them are from the United States.
- They are thematic, so they include a story and a narrative thread, as well as a setting.
- The lucky element is very important, so in these cases strategy will not be so relevant.
- Due to certain exceptions to their rules, sometimes they are more complex games than the Eurogames
Having explained this, we now dare to leave you with our TOP list of Ameritrash style games:
TOP of Best Ameritrash Games on the Market
Disclaimer: The order of appearance of the games in this list is purely coincidental, so these games are not ordered from best to worst.
It’s a survival game, set in a summer camp environment.
A psychopath named Otis breaks into the camp to exterminate everyone.
You’ll play the role of one of the camp monitors, and together, you’ll have to figure out how to get out alive.
Using the map of the camp and its surroundings, you’ll move on, running away from Otis and preparing conditions for your escape. It turns out that the game provides 4 possible ways to save yourself: Running away in a van, in a boat, asking for help at the ranger’s tower, or arriving at a neighboring farm where a trap is set to finish off Otis.
But…all four options require you to collect certain essential items first.
But beware: Although the game is cooperative if you get a chance to escape, do it!
Each character has skills, movement points, and life points. These last ones go down every time you fall victim to an attack by Otis.
Duration: 60 min
Mansions of Madness
This is a cooperative game where you will be an investigator of the paranormal, and explore a creepy mansion, full of scary stuff.
Victory, or defeat, will be for the whole team, so coordinated efforts are essential.
One of the players will be the Guardian, the one who moves the monsters and other enemies. Using a system of cards, you make movements and undertake actions (fighting, exploring a room, solving puzzles, etc.)
Players: 2-5 each team.
Duration: 90 min
- Un juego de mesa totalmente cooperativo con una aplicación de acompañamiento inmersivo que guía a los jugadores, paso a paso, a través de cada escenario.
- Cuenta con cuatro campañas de longitud y dificultad variable.
- Más de 500 componentes detallados, incluyendo 32 figuras de plástico.
- Incluye un kit de conversión para integrar los componentes de juego de la primera edición.
- De 1 a 5 jugadores, tiempo de juego de 2 a 3 horas, a partir de 13 años.
An addictive Ameritrash, set in the Cold War. It’s for 2 players, who will embody… well, who are you thinking of?
Exactly! The United States and The Soviet Union, of course!
It has a very persuasive art. In the confrontation between these two giants, you will: Influence foreign countries, promote military coups, advance the space race…
Possibly the best Ameritrash game on the market.
Duration of the game: 3h
- 2-jugador del juego
- Gran juego de estrategia
- Toma cerca de 3 horas para jugar
- Juego de simulación histórica
War of the Ring- 2nd Edition
This is a game that will suit you just fine if you’re a fan of Tolkien’s universe, as it’s set entirely in The Lord of the Rings.
Prepare yourself for vibrant adventures in Middle-earth, on the side of Gandalf, Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli, or, if you prefer to be the villain, take on the forces of Sauron, the Dark Lord.
Players: 2 (if you divide the characters of each side, it will be suitable for 4 players)
Duration: 180 min
In this game, you will be a researcher who must fight against horrible creatures from other dimensions, which enter our world through portals.
In order to win, you must collect clues, use spells and magical objects, thus managing to close the portals that bring these monsters to our planet.
Players: 1 – 8
Duration: 2 and a half hours
- Juego de aventura por tramas de ritmo rápido que contiene 550 piezas
- Adecuado para 1-8 jugadores
- Piezas hechas de material de carton
- Inspirado en el juego de mesa más vendido, Arkham Horror
- Edad recomendada: +14 años
Survive: Scape from Atlatis
Since we know you are a very courageous person who laughs in the face of danger, you are going to take a trip to Atlantis, the legendary underwater island, which was suddenly found, and is rumored to be full of unparalleled riches.
You and your companions will land on Atlantis, and yes, you will feast on the treasure. But… the happier you are, the more the island begins to sink again!
Bloody island, what a habit to get lost underwater…
You’ll have to manage to find a getaway. Finding a boat is not easy, and the ocean is full of sharks and other sea monsters ready to devour the first one that gets in the water, showing off their swimming skills.
What to do? Figure it out!
Duration: 60 min
- 2 a 4 jugadores
- 45 minutos tiempo de juego
- Un volcán submarino ha entrado en erupción y la isla de la Atlántida se hunde en el mar
Betrayal at House of the Hill
In this semi-cooperative game, you and the other players enter a sinister mansion to unravel its mysteries. Everything goes well until one of you becomes a dangerous being. What happened? Did the mansion transform you? We’re not gonna tell you.
We’ll just tell you that you’ll have to face the mansion’s malignancies and the fellow who joined the evil.
Betrayal at House of the Hill contains modifiable scenarios, which allows each game to be different, so it’s pretty re-playable.
Duration: 60 min
- Características múltiples escenarios
- Diferentes lay-out con cada juego
- Suficientes escalofríos a freezethe corazón de cualquier fan del horror
- 3-6 Jugadores
- Edad 12 +
Dead of Winter
Let’s keep getting dark: The world after the apocalypse is experiencing an extraordinarily cruel winter.
You have to survive, and to do so you have to collaborate with everyone, facing dangers such as terrible experiments coming out of a macabre installation, thugs, zombies…
In this game, a new feature appears: In addition to the external dangers, you’ll have to deal with your own psyche, which is disturbed by the atrocious experiences you’ve had.
Duration: 60-120 min
- Dead of Winter Crossroads Game
Descent: Journeys in the Dark
This Ameritrash qualifies as an adventure and exploration board game. There are heroes, and a villain, the Supreme Lord.
The heroes will complete missions, and the Supreme Lord will hinder them as much as he can by throwing monsters and setting traps.
For each mission, the board must be reconfigured. Through multiple types of dice and cards, the characters will specialize, and execute actions.
At the end of a mission, and after passing to another one, the characters keep the obtained skills.
It is not easy to win. In fact, you will die, although you can get your life back without a limit of times.
Duration: 2-4 h each mission
- Es un juego de mesa en el que un jugador asume el papel del traicionero señor supremo, y hasta otros cuatro jugadores asumen el papel de héroes valientes
- Durante cada juego, los héroes se embarcan en misiones y se aventuran en cuevas peligrosas, ruinas antiguas, mazmorras oscuras y bosques malditos para luchar contra monstruos, ganar riquezas y tratar de evitar que el señor real lleve a cabo su vil trama.
- Con piezas de tablero modulares a doble cara, innumerables combinaciones de héroes y habilidades, y una inmersiva campaña guiada por historias, Descent: Journeys in the Dark Second Edition transporta héroes a un vibrante reino de fantasía donde deben mantenerse unidos contra un mal antiguo
- Tiempo de juego: 1 - 2 horas
During the Second World War, supernatural beings begin to appear, feeding on the horror of war, and they are a greater threat than war itself because they could come to dominate the world. You will take part in a team of agents sent to fight these abominable beings.
Duration: 60-120 min
You have to deploy skills for politics and diplomacy because here the goal is to achieve the domination of ancient Greece.
As you can imagine, the involvement of the gods is included, with their legendary habit of meddling in human affairs.
Based on the well-known TV series. In this game, you and your companions play as captains of intergalactic merchant ships, and you’ll have to face a lot of obstacles such as space pirates, mercenaries, and so on.
In your turn to play, you can choose 2 actions from 4 possible ones: Travel, buy, make deals, and complete mission.
There are also submissions, which you’ll have to do to earn money, or you won’t be able to equip your ship, buy weapons, pay crew members, etc.
With enough money, you will recruit very useful characters: soldiers, mechanics, pilots…
Submissions can be: Investigating an S.O.S., scouting abandoned ships, and more.
Duration: 3 hours
- Los jugadores captan su propia nave de transporte, viajando el 'Verse con un equipo de luchadores, mecánicos y otros viajeros cuidadosamente seleccionados
- 2 a 4 Hours Duración Del Juego
- Edades 13 y Más
- 1 a 5 Jugadores
- Firefly: The Game es un juego de mesa basado en la popular serie de televisión Firefly creada por Joss Weldon
Sword & Sorcery. Immortal Souls
In addition to the board and character cards, this game incorporates miniatures.
You will be a legendary hero fighting against the army of darkness that dominates the world.
You will have to improve your character with more skills and acquire weapons in order to conquer victory.
Duration: 120 min
- Sword & Sorcery es un juego de mesa cooperativo de fantasía épica en el que 1 – 5 jugadores luchan juntos contra las fuerzas del mal, que están controladas por el sistema de juego.
- Diseñado por Gremlin Project (equipo creador de Galaxy Defenders), el sistema de juego en Sword & Sorcery representa la evolución perfecta de su precursor.
- Las características clave de Galaxy Defenders han sido transferidas a este juego, por ejemplo su avanzado sistema de inteligencia artificial para monstruos, el alto grado de personalización de los personajes y las múltiples opciones tácticas durante las batallas.
- Tiempo de juego de 60 a 90 minutos.
- A partir de 13 años.
So this is our selection of the best Ameritrash style board games we know.
Do you miss any of them? Leave it to us in the comments
¡Siento que este contenido no te haya sido útil!
¡Déjame mejorar este contenido!
Dime, ¿cómo puedo mejorar este contenido?
Última actualización el 2020-08-06 / Enlaces de afiliados / Imágenes de la API para Afiliados